Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas


Our Christmas pics. Mostly action shots.  We had a great times (as always) visiting family in Albany.  We drew names this year, but all bets are off for the kids.  So, we still hauled out a ton of beautiful presents.  Great food and conversation.

This was the first time in my adult life that I was the host for Christmas morning.  Alex very kindly did all the heavy work like mopping, scrubbing and vaccumming.  I did the fluff work and the cooking.  I had it all planned out, but still cut it close on defrosting the turkey.  So I cranked that baby up to 400 degrees.  The pan drippings started to smoke at the end of the cycle, so our mac and cheese had a subtle smoked turkey flavor.  The Caramel Nut Cheesecake (Caramel Nut Cheesecake for the recipe) went over big.  I was too tired to use the Christmas china at the big meal and used festive plastic plates that my sis graciously provided.  I am just too sore and big to care.

I hereby vow that I will honor Christmas in my heart and use paper plates if need be if it means enjoying the reason for the gathering--- being with family, remembering past memories and making new ones.  We did enjoy the Christmas Eve service at our own church.  Christmas Eve and Good Friday services are my favorite all year.  I was choked up at the opening multi-media slides.  Before the Lord's Supper or candle lighting.  So, yes, I enjoyed it.

Here's the pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=169284&id=562275959&l=08ba03f94f

No comments: