Friday, December 11, 2009

Fight the Good Fight

AGAINST WASHER MILDEW!


Just discovered how gross the rubber of my front loading washer is. I've attacked it with an old toothbrush and chlorine free bleach, ran the hot cycle, and wiped down the rubber. I've even pulled out the Q-tips to get inside the holes of the rubber ring.

Now, I've got to get chlorine bleach and try again, because it's even close to clean. I'm not a germ freak, but the idea of putting fresh little onesies into the wash to 'sanitize' for my new baby girl is a joke given the present state of my washer.

Girls, to solve this problem and perform preventative maintenance, Martha says:

Clean the rubber seal with 1 cup of chlorine bleach to 2 cups warm water. Wipe with clean cloth dipped in bleach. Fill bleach dispenser with bleach and run the empty washer through a complete cycle using hot water. Repeat every 2 to 4 months. I’d add that wiping down the rubber seal after each use would be a good thing as well.

Let my poor housekeeping be an example to you. CONSTANT VIGLIANCE!

Scrubs and Kisses!

2 comments:

Natalie Mead said...

Well this is definitely the first time anything on the internet has prompted me to get up and stick my head inside the washer. (Mine loads on the top so I had no idea what you were talking about) Always enjoy a good Martha tip. I think only you can pull off the "Scrubs and Kisses" though :)

Jaybird said...

Just spit out my food reading your comment, Nat. So right back attcha, sis.