Monday, September 20, 2010

Waterloo

Couldn't escape if I wanted to... Waterloo... Finally facing my Waterloo.

My waterloo is 8 p.m.  My 28 month old, my precious firstborn son, will NOT stay in his bed.  Will not stay in his room.  Cries when you walk about from the bed.  Howls when the door is closed.  Howls when the door is open.  Howls when the gate is up.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks.  After he locked himself in the house and me out last Monday, he has completely regressed.  When he started sleeping in his bed at 20 months, it was a breeze. 

Unless you sit beside him until he if fully asleep, he will pop up and howl.  My frustration is that "tough love" is not working.  The kid will howl for 45 minutes if left unattended.  It's also challenging because he wakes up baby sister. 

We had several rounds at bedtime last night, one 3 a.m. round, and he just walked into our room at 5 a.m.  I hesitate to lock him in for the outside because of the being-locked-in-the-house-trauma.

My plan is to do the "cry it out" for intervals of 5, 10, 15 minutes at naptime.  If you read this blog, would you pray for us this week anytime we cross your mind?

The rubber is meeting the road and we could use prayers for peace of mind, health, endurance, good humor, and strength.

Okay, that's enough serious stuff.

Before I sign off, did anyone see a clip for "Sister Wives" on TLC?  I saw it Sunday a.m. (playing hooky from church because I was sick and it was a chance to have 2 hours alone-- keepin' it real).  It will follow a real polygamist family with Dad Kody and his three, soon to be four wives.  I am outraged.  I know there is a fictional show about polygamy on HBO, but this is too much.  It is illegal and degrades those women, children, and the family unit.  I have written a complaint to TLC via email and encourage you to do the same if it disturbs you as well.

Well, that was sorta serious, too.

Um, I just burned my bagel because I was writing this post.  And Sarah likes to spit out her jar food.  It's her game.  Mama doesn't find it quite so charming these days. 

(Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, Waterloo, finally facin' my waterloo...)

:)

No comments: