Sunday, April 28, 2013

Working in the Waiting

I chose an easy, practical verse to learn this month: Wait on the Lord; be strong, and take heart, and wait on the Lord. (Psalm 27:14) So, what should today's sermon topic address? Waiting on God! To wait means to hope in Hebrew. The word picture is of a rope being twisted, becoming stronger. I've definitely felt twisted and pulled a lot over these recent years! And God's Word has come through. When I was deep in anxiety (another post for another time), it took me step by step back to peace. I emerged much stronger, and knew without a doubt that God works on my behalf. Another point the pastor made was that in our waiting, we should be poised, ready to spring into action when we sense God moving us to a new course. So, here I am, waiting, working, and expecting God to work. He is working in my waiting. That's the blessing of trials. To be included in His work. Y'all, I plain love Jesus and I don't care if that makes me a corny cliche to those who are to cool to need. I need. I need Jesus.

No comments: