Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day of H.O.P.E. 2013

Last year I participated in the Day of H.O.P.E. (Hope Offered in a Pregnancy Emergency) with Caring Solutions Pregnancy Center in Macon, GA.  I wrote a bit about it here and here.




Caring Solutions has two locations in Warner Robins and Macon.  They are a 501c3 non-profit organization which has been helping women and families facing unexpected pregnancy in Middle Georgia since 1984 and has held over 39,000 appointments.  Their purpose is to offer the medical services of free pregnancy testing, ultrasound, and options counseling in an effort to share that HOPE is available, even when it seems like there is none. 

The Day of HOPE is being held this year on Saturday, September 21st and I am raising money to support this ministry.  The event includes a Children's Fun Run, 2 mile walk & 5K run followed by a cookout and inflatables for the kids. I will be travelling on the day of the walk/run, but am pledging to fundraise as an Encourager.

I am asking my friends, family and neighbors to sponsor me in these efforts.   Your donation will go to providing free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, counseling and parenting classes for expectant mothers and their partners.  More than mother and child are touched by this ministry-- potentially, an entire family's destiny is altered.  I can think of few greater opportunities for good.  I am so profoundly grateful for my own family and the One who created it.  I want others to know that kind of love, too.

Will you join me?

I am asking for 5 sponsors for $5, 10 sponsors for $10, and 2 sponsors for $25 or more. I have already given to kick off this effort.  Give a little or a lot... it all matters! 

You can make a donation electronically by visiting Friends of Caring Solutions  and clicking the Day of HOPE button or Donate tab.  Checks can be made to Caring Solutions Pregnancy Center with Melissa Young in the memo line.  Message me privately for my address to mail in the check.


Thank you for your support in bringing HOPE and honoring life.

Melissa


No comments: