Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday morning

The following is a true account of actual events:

7:3o p.m. Saturday: Daddy puts down Jay. Jay has been fussy due to cutting four upper teeth and a runny nose that keeps coming back with the fluctuating weather.

8:30 We are all down for the night. I watch "Ghost Town" (sweet and funny) and A-train snoozes. He has a head cold, again, due to this strange weather.

10:00 I turn in.

3:30 a.m. Sunday: I wake up and check Jay.

5:30 Jay wakes up to eat.

7:00 a.m. A-train emerges fully dressed and Jay's ready as well. They take off to pick up breakfast for our Sunday School.

8:15 a.m. I shower, use mousse, apply eye make-up, change purses to match my shoes. I blow my hair with a round brush. I have to say I look really nice.

8:40 We arrive to church 20 minutes early. With an young child. Neatly attired. Before the music even begins.

The following events have not occurred on a Sunday in the last year and a half. Restful sleep, happy demeanor, and arriving to our destination EARLY.

I'm not writing this to be smug. While seemingly mundane, this morning was just... fulfilling. We are now all on the bed: playing with our feet (Jay), resting (A-train) and reflecting (me).

Pictures of the house to come soon. Thanks to AJ and Bev and C & D for all the help moving and unpacking.

No comments: