Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wardrobe Malfunction

Snoozing after my first feeding


Bright eyes


Progress on Wednesday


Hey-ey

(Yes, I agree he is underdressed.)


Jay's whirltub


Progess on Saturday

Allow me a few moments to wallow...

As I have transitioned from working life to home life, my wardrobe needs have changed. Jeans, khakis and simple tops are all I require most days. However, I am in a weird stage of finding clothes that fit. I have many, many articles of clothing, but precious few it seems that fit well or make me feel put together. I have a few very nice pieces, but they are not day-to-day wear. I can squeeze in to my old favorites, but I have work to do if I dare wear them out of the house. I'm a little too old for belly shirts and hiphuggers. Which is what most of my former wardrobe feels like. I have so many modest tops that don't seem to amply cover my mid-section anymore.

Of my hang-ups, body image is thankfully not one of them. I am okay in my skin even after the great changes it has undergone. I'm even happy with my weight, which is not too far from my starting range pre-pregnancy. It is time to accept that while I am still youthful and young, I can't expect to do whatever I please and look and feel good. My midsection will forever be altered and that is a good thing. My body did something incredible! However, I can take pride in my new body by strengthening it and dressing it properly.

Which bring me back to my original dilemma. Clothing. Most specifically, pants. While my shirts may creep up occasionally, my pant situation drives me crazy. I am between two sizes right now. I can either wear pants that do fit but accentuate my rear, or pants that sit well in the seat, but the in-seam seems to be around my knees. Does anyone else out there have this problem? I have these pants in a larger size, but the in-seam is so LONG! So I'm always pullin' up my drawers. Ughhh. Stacy and Clinton, come rescue me. (Readers: Do you ever think that if makeover gurus can take a "hot mess" and make them look amazing, what could they do with someone who passes for decent???)

Don't cry for me, dear readership. I got a haircut and my eyebrows cleaned up. It ain't that bad.

Sleep update: 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Baby had gas at 2:00 and 4:30. He whimpered briefly and went right back down. Feed at 5:30 when I saw a pattern developing. Up again at 7.

House update: We drove down tonight and saw the roof trusses going in.

In summary, life is great. Unspeakable joy abounds in the form of my son. I have a wonderful husband who really loves me, hang-ups and all. I have life everlasting and all the best life has to offer.

Except pants that fit!

No comments: